Sunday 13 January 2008

Boogie Down Prodcutions My Philosophy (Jive) 1988



The lyrics just flow effortlessly on this track. KRS ONE is one of the greatest ever without doubt. His style was in tune with battle emcees-real hip hop. Bragging about his intellect,his South Bronx roots where hip hop was born and anything else he could think of! Dissing all competition, that's what it was all about, before they even opened their mouths in most cases. He was also politically and socially conscious and this was demonstated on the single 'Stop the Violence' as well as 'Jimmy' which was a song regarding condom use!

'My Philosophy' has some of the best lines ever, this being a personal favourite-

'I'm not white or red or black, I'm brown from the Boogie Down'

The man is a legend.

Boogie Down Prodcutions My Philosophy

No comments: